Congratulations to the 2022 recipients of Staff and Staff Dependent Scholarships, and Staff Assembly’s Citations of Excellence — awards totaling more than $45,000.
Also, Staff Assembly has updated its Executive Committee roster for 2022-23. See below.
First, the Citations of Excellence: “Thanks to generous support from the Office of the Chancellor, Staff Assembly awarded more than $20,000 to eight individual staff members, three staff teams and two faculty-staff partnerships,” Staff Assembly said in announcing the awards.
The Staff Assembly Staff and Staff Dependent Scholarship Program gave out more than $25,000 in awards to 29 career staff from the Davis and Sacramento campuses, and to dependents of five career staff members. The annual scholarship program derives its funding from endowments, Thank Goodness for Staff sponsorships and the sale of Staff Pins.
The UC Davis and UC Davis Health Staff Assembly Scholarship Committee this year administered awards for the following scholarships (multiple awards were given in some categories): Larry N. Vanderhoef Staff Scholarship, UC Davis Health Pride Scholarship, Latinx Staff and Faculty Association Scholarship (UC Davis), Latinx Staff and Faculty Association Scholarship (UC Davis Health), Margene E. Orzalli Endowment Scholarship, Staff Assembly Scholarship (UC Davis), Staff Assembly Scholarship (UC Davis Health), UC Davis Health African American Faculty and Staff Association Scholarship, and UC Davis Retirees Association Career Enhancement Award.
Staff scholarships can be used at professional schools, community colleges, and state colleges and universities (public or private) for the pursuit of professional certificates for personal/professional development, and associate, bachelor and graduate degrees. Staff dependent scholarships are for students who are attending or will attend UC Davis in the year they apply for the awards.
Read more about the Citations of Excellence and Staff and Staff Dependent Scholarship programs.
Staff Assembly leadership
Leadership for the new year starts with Lauren McDiarmid as chair of the Executive Committee.
A UC Davis employee since 2013, McDiarmid is an internal fellowship analyst on the student financial support team in Graduate Studies, and previously worked in the College of Letters and Science and School of Education, supporting events and business administration. She joined Staff Assembly in 2016 as a member of the Citations for Excellence Committee.
Here is the roster of the entire Executive Committee (updated with a newly elected chair-elect, to replace Kyle Urban of the Retiree Center, who is leaving the university):
- Chair — Lauren McDiarmid, Graduate Studies
- Chair-elect — Dan Ransom, School of Veterinary Medicine
- Member engagement chair — Zoe Bolesta-Reynolds, Development and Alumni Relations
- Past chair — Jennifer Jackson, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Dean’s Office
- Communications chair — Steven Wilson-Maggard, Graduate School of Management
- Events chair — R. Paul Villaluz, College of Engineering Dean’s Office
- Finance co-chairs — Roger Moy, Student Affairs Divisional Resources; and Lisa Feldmann, Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Outreach and marketing — Bobbie Boozer, Facilities Management
- Secretary — Grace Woods, Graduate Studies
- Coordinator — Scott S. Loewen-Towner
Staff Assembly website