Mountain Culture Beer Co is Australia’s #1 craft brewery and we’re looking to expand our fast-growing team of kick-ass individuals by creating a full time Digital Marketing Manager role, based at our production facility/head office in Emu Plains.
This role is ideal for someone with the capacity to combine their deep creativity and curiosity with cutting-edge analytical ability.
We are seeking an innovator – someone who is willing to imagine new ways to authentically translate our love for beer and the joy and connection it brings into awesome content for our fans… and rolling it out in such a way that is engaging as well as a little out of the box. Yes, we love taking risks, because it helps us learn and optimise. That’s why you’ll have the freedom to identify the most pertinent and relevant problems to solve and to focus your efforts there, empowered by a team around you.
What The Role Involves:
In a nutshell, you will create, build, launch and analyse campaigns across digital platforms that help delight and retain our fans. This role will be data-driven, but equally creative, and completely instrumental in scaling growth for Mountain Culture.
The focus of the marketing work will include, but is not limited to:
- Building road maps for marketing to support Mountain Culture’s overall goals for growth, retention, and brand awareness..
- Evaluating the effectiveness of specific marketing campaigns or initiatives and use the data to make decisions and optimise campaigns.
- Work with the Founder and Brand Director to contribute to the development of content for social media, emails, and other communication.
- Developing a digital marketing calendar to support product launches, promotional activity, and other key areas of focus for the brand.
- Supporting wholesale customers with their promotional activities, in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
- Managing campaign flows utilising Klaviyo software in conjunction with our in house creative team.
- Helping grow the subscription base and revenues of The Cult, our rewards program, while also showing our customers how much we love them.
So what does that really look like? Well, if you worked at Mountain Culture this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Created the announcement email that we’ve officially launched The Cult – our rewards program.
- Did a deep dive on our monthly socials ad spend to analyse and identify trends in campaign performance in the last month.
- Explained to accounts what the invoice for a 1.5m dinosaur was for.
- Led a brainstorm with the team on how we can innovate and break the mould on our next campaign – we do some pretty fun brainstorming sessions.
- Approved the design of the blown up heads of two of Range Brewing’s members and cut them out to be talking heads.
- Found and pitched a new Shopify app that would help with UX.
- Had a beer off the canning line because you needed to write a witty and clever description of it for an upcoming post.
What you’ll bring…
- 5+ years of broad marketing experience encompassing both brand management and marketing communications.
- Experience leading brand management, marketing communications, and insights; and directing product development/innovation teams
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build without heavy agency reliance.
- The guts and self belief to justify your marketing ideas and spend to management.
- Hands on experience with SEO, SEM and tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords.
- Experience with Shopify, Klaviyo, Meta.
- Experience building brands using low cost, high impact marketing initiatives.
- Strength in generating marketing ideas with a willingness to experiment in a measurable way.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and organisational skills, and an insatiable drive to make things better.
- Passion for startups so you’ll thrives on the excitement of growth and the chaos that comes with it.
We are growing at a rate of 400% year on year, and are looking for an individual that can keep up, keep us focussed and ensure we continue to be Australia’s #1 rated brewery. If you are successful in filling this role you will be pivotal to Mountain Culture’s success and will be generously compensated for the great responsibility that this role requires.
If you think you’re the person we’re looking for, please send us your CV and a cover letter that lets us know which Instagram post we’ve done is your favourite and why.