SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
SoundCloud is looking for a full-time Head Of Digital Marketing. This role is based in our Los Angeles or New York office. The position will lead the label’s direct relationships with digital partners. This position will also be in charge of creating streaming strategies tailored to individual artist campaigns while educating the team on the latest developments in the streaming and digital space. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years music business experience in the streaming ecosystem. Familiarity with Soundcloud’s voice, ethos, fan base and our artists’ music is essential. This position reports to the Head Of Marketing.
- Lead the development and execution of creative and compelling digital marketing campaigns for new releases and other label initiatives.
- Help build out digital marketing team for the roster business
- Oversee implementation of creative marketing strategies by digital project managers and optimize department processes, including the execution of campaigns across all social platforms including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok etc.
- Oversee digital advertising planning to grow our audiences and promote our campaigns.
- Develop and maintain systems for measuring analytics to optimize ROI
- Create detailed reporting of all marketing work on individual campaigns to share with internal teams and artists management
- Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, animators, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.) and oversee creation of creative content including music videos, online campaigns and other promotional marketing assets.
- Analyze streaming data and advise regarding strategy and opportunities.
- Monitor SEO and metrics
- Oversee implementation of best practices
- Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents, radio promotion and other 3 rd party partners.
- Analyze and quantify success and efficiency of digital advertising, social engagement and conversion and partnerships
Experience and Background:
- 5+ years’ professional experience at record label or equivalent with focus in digital marketing and streaming
- Strong work ethic and organization skills with ability to thrive in high-paced work environment, multi-task and prioritize
- Strong relationships with digital partners and platforms, in the US and internationally
- Deep knowledge of analytic tools available on social platforms and ability to clearly communicate insights from available data
- Contacts in the creative services arena (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- 16 paid weeks for all parents (birthing and non-birthing), regardless of gender, to welcome newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, goodies, and 2 free lunches weekly when at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead what’s next in music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, no matter their identity. We acknowledge the challenges in the music industry, and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute respectfully and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups focused on supporting and promoting the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to build a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.